The Kayak‘s we use for Fishing and some unique features:
If you’re a bank-bound angler frustrated by limited water access, it’s time to explore the world of kayak fishing.
Kayak fishing is one of the most popular fishing sports right now and it's for good reasons. We recently spent time talking to the community of kayak anglers, kayak fishing trail and tournament sponsors, and accessories and gear manufactures trying to build an guide. And in doing so, I found the common and mutual most important points, to address kayak fishing challenges and get you started for this summer.
Ok so here we go
PART 4: Essential Kayak Fishing Safety Gear
An idyllic day on the water can quickly turn into a nightmare situation if you aren’t prepared with the right kayak fishing safety gear. Here is an insight on kayak fishing safety gear. Here is the essential safety items he recommends no kayak angler should leave shore without.Required Items:
- PFD (personal flotation device), Easily accessed (REQUIRED)
- Whistle, Easily accessed (REQUIRED) PER USCG
Items we view as necessary: and some of our Favorites
- Knife, Very personal item, but we view it as desirable
- Landing Net, https://www.eddy-gear.com/products/the-lasso-net
- 360-degree visibility light and flag, https://www.eddy-gear.com/products/flag-whip-pennant
- Dry suit or wetsuit, Very personal item, but we view it as desirable
- Sun protection clothing, https://yakgear.com/product/yakgear-long-sleeve-performance-shirt/
- VHF marine radio, Very personal item, but we view it as desirable
- Flares, https://www.eddy-gear.com/products/dingy-visibility-kit
- Tow rope and throw bag, https://yakgear.com/product/anchor-rope-75-feet/
- First aid kit,m Very personal item, but we view it as desirable
When in Doubt Paddle Out!